Artist | Designer | Maker
I seek inspiration from objects in their purest natural form -
Organic textures, intricate line work, pattern mixing and earth tones dictate my compositions. Being an enthusiast for authenticity, along with an imbedded appreciation for craftsmanship and handmade processes, I challenge myself to find beauty in simplistic forms. I venture to make connections through imagery that creates intimate storytelling for the viewer to navigate and explore.
By layering a more tactile aesthetic to my work, I am able to deconstruct and abstract the idea of the ordinary. Referencing minimal and clean lines allows for moments of discovery which help to develop common themes that stem from my love of natural history, maps/landscapes and traditional anatomy prints.
I hope to invite the viewer to rediscover and reinterpret beauty from simple forms that naturally weave individual narratives within each of my works.
- French & Michigan Grand Opening : September 26, 2013 >>> Blind Contour Series - Adam
- 50 Artists / 250 Works - French and Michigan Gallery: December 7 - January 4, 2014 >>> Blind Contour Series - Paperburns
- Represented Artist at French & Michigan Gallery : http://www.frenchandmichigan.com/gallery/ (2013-2014)
- Studio 8 - artPOP : Fall 2014 >>> Austin Local Artist Showcase
- E.A.S.T - East Austin Studio Tour : Fall 2014 >>> Big Medium and Cement Loop Gallery- #382
- Austin - Bergstrom International Airport :Feb - May 2015 >>> ABIA - Local Austin Showcase
- West Elm : March 2015 >>> Austin Featured Local Artist
- West Elm : May 2015 >>> Local Artist Pop-up Shop
- Citygram Austin: September 2015 >>> Discovering Austin's Artists - 'The ART Issue'
- West Elm: October 2015 >>> Austin Featured Local Artist
- West Elm: November 2015 >>> Local Artist Pop-up Shop
- 50 Artists /250 Works- French and Michigan Gallery: December 5 - January 30 >>> Blind Contour Series
- Indigo Collective Artist HIghlight : July - November 2016 >>> Print Series
- SA Current Newspaper: November 2016 >>> Styled Photography
- Will Leather Goods Artist Collaboration: April 9, 2017 >>> Custom Burning Pop Up Shop
- Studio 8 - Holiday Block Party: Dec 2017 >>> Featured Artist
Visual Merchandising & Display work >>> 2011 - Present
>>> Raleigh, North Carolina (Apr. 2014)
>>> Chattanooga, Tennessee (Nov. 2014)
>>> San Juan, Puerto Rico (Oct.2015)
>>> Miami, Florida (Aug. 2017)